How to Recover Files from Laptop Hard Drive that Won't Boot?
Easily get back your files from an unbootable laptop in couple of minutes. Download the demo version on any laptop brand and follow the on- screen procedure for retrieving files from the laptop. Dont miss any of your laptop files.
Sometimes when you switch on your Laptop, you encounter an error like “DISKBOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER” or “Please insert a CD to boot”. Then it is an indication that your Laptop has failed to boot, after which you won’t be able to access any of your important business documents, personal data such as precious photos, video clips, music albums, movies etc. The inaccessibility of your important data is a result of corruption to your Laptop operating system and the only remedy for this problem is by reinstalling the operating system. Although it is true that reinstalling an operating system results in complete data loss from Laptop hard disk. However, you can recover data from Laptop that won’t boot using laptop hard drive recovery software. With this amazing utility, you can even recover data from dead Laptop.
There are many reasons due to which your Laptop doesn’t boot; some of the main reasons include wrong BIOS Settings i.e. if your BIOS that integrates the boot settings is set in a wrong order then this might leave your Laptop failing to boot. Virus infection on Laptop damages the boot sector of Laptop hard disk and when a boot sector is infected the Laptop fails to boot. Operating system failure or other third party software conflicting with system settings can also lead to boot failure. Other reasons include hardware issue, hard drive corruption, application malfunction, and many others.
What to do after Laptop fails to boot?
It is very important to stop using your Laptop computer and keep it in a safe place, because as you utilize your Laptop more it results in damage and severe data loss. Once the data is damaged or overwritten it is very difficult to recover data from Laptop hard disk.
How to recover data after drive boot?
As mentioned earlier, you can make use of powerful and reliable recovery utility called Laptop Disk Recovery software to recover data from Laptop that won’t boot. This software has powerful features and advanced built-in algorithms to recover missing and deleted data from Laptop computer lost due to any reasons. With this tool you can even recover data from the Laptop with the broken screen, by connecting its hard drive with some healthy system. More to this, the software recovers all types of data such as songs, movies, documents, photos, compressed files, RAW images, and many others. Furthermore, the tool has a very friendly GUI which allows even a user which less technical knowledge to recover his lost laptop data.
Salient features of the software
- Supports recovery of Laptops manufactured by popular brands like Dell, HP, Toshiba, HCL, Samsung, Lenovo, etc. If your Lenovo ThinkPad laptop fails to boot, resulting loss of data stored in it, then this software can recover data from Lenovo ThinkPad with utmost ease.
- Recover files from the formatted / corrupted / reformatted / repartitioned/ reinstalled Laptop hard drives.
- Performs data recovery from laptop with both Windows (10, 8, 7, Vista and XP) and Mac (macOS High Sieraa, Mavericks, Leopard, Snow Leopard and Lion). Thus, the software proves to be the best solution to get back data after reinstalling Windows XP within few mouse clicks.
- It can easily retrieve data from broken hard drives with few mouse clicks.
- The tool displays the recovered results on basis of name, date, size, and file type
- Allows users to preview the recoverable data before saving purpose
- This application is also capable to get back data from the bad hard drive in a very short span of time.
Few useful tips:
- After any data loss from Laptop computers, it is suggested to not use the device any further
- Regularly backup your important laptop data before performing format, OS reinstallation or up gradation process
- Don’t save the recovered files to the same laptop computer where data is being recovered from
- Remove deadly viruses from your system using powerful antivirus software
Steps to recover files from Laptop that won't boot:
Step 1: Download Demo version of laptop disk recovery software and install it on your system. Run the software and choose “Recover Drives” option from the main screen as in Figure I.
Figure I: Main Screen
Step2:Now, select “Partition Recovery” option to initiate the process to retrieve data from dead hard drive as shown in Figure II.
Figure II: Select Partition Recovery Option
Step3:The software displays the list of recognised drives. Now, select the partition and click on “Proceed” as in Figure III.
Figure III: Select Partition
Step4: Once process is complete, you can preview the retrieved data either in “File Type View” or “Data Type View” as in Figure IV.
Figure IV: Preview Recovered Files